We are involved with the U.S. Forest Service on a number of important fronts including:
The Wildlife Management Institute is a decades-long, valued partner of DJ Case and Associates. We work closely with the scientists and wildlife management specialists of WMI to offer:
- Strategic communication planning and delivery
- Social science research
- Web application development
- Recruitment, retention, and re-activation (hunting, fishing, outdoor activities)
DJ Case developed and operates WMI's website - WildlifeManagement.Institute - and provides ongoing communication and marketing support for this venerable wildlife management organization.
The National Fish and Wildlife Foundation (NFWF) and DJ Case work together on some of the most critically important conservation issues of our time. We have traversed the continent to shoot video that engages people on subjects from water conservation to Gulf hypoxia to monarch butterfly protection. A few recent efforts include:
- A Telly-Award-recognized production promoting NFWF’s Monarch Butterfly Conservation Fund
- Annual highlights presentation featuring a range of NFWF-driven innovative conservation projects
- An informative and instructional video for farmers encouraging no-till agricultural techniques
- A Telly Award endowed short film featuring NFWF’s Western Waters Program
DJ Case partners with a number of Department of the Interior agencies including the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, National Park Service and U.S. Geological Survey.
DJ Case holds a blanket purchase agreement (BPA) for digital services (website design, online application development, video production, etc.), which can be accessed as a purchasing vehicle by any DOI agency. More information on the BPA is available here.
DJ Case began working with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service in 1987 and has worked continuously with the agency to advance communication, human dimensions, social science and web-based conservation delivery. Recent efforts include:
- Nature of Americans — a national study to understand and connect American's and nature
- LCCNetwork.org — an API-driven network of web applications for content management, sharing and data aggregation across the diverse Landscape Conservation Cooperative network
- Day-to-day communication support for Landscape Conservation Cooperatives in the Midwest
Web Development Access
DJ Case web developers work closely with FWS Information Resources and Technology Management (IRTM) on website and online application development. DJ Case web/application developers are all DOI network certified with Active Directory FWS.gov email accounts. All have been adjudicated and issued PIV cards utilizing MobiKEY access. We have access to build websites and utilize the ArcGIS online platform (Story Maps).
DJ Case is working with the National Bobwhite Conservation Initiative to restore this iconic ground-dwelling species to its grassland and farmland ranges.
Collaborating with a covey of 25 states and habitat-focused organizations, we are laying out strategic direction, developing marketing approaches and crafting messages to reach audiences from farmers to national policy leaders.
Our fundamental goal in providing communication support for NBCI is to restore wild populations of bobwhite quail in the U.S. to levels comparable to 1980.